Top 10 Storage Tips To Remember
Yes, there is a “TOP 10 List” for storing your treasures. It may seem simple but a quick review will certainly help in making your storage decisions.
- Rent a unit that is large enough that you can sort and organize your stored items with ease. This makes it much easier when you are looking for a specific item.
- Store items that you may need to access on a regular basis towards the front.
- Store loose items in boxes or clear tubs for convenience and protection.
- Clearly label all boxes and tubs. Although initially this seems like more work, our customers have told us that this is the ONLY way to find important things when you come back later.
- Cover furniture and appliance’s with a tarp or old sheets.
- Don’t stack items too high.
- For your safety, never place items too close to the door.
- Do not store anything combustible, alive or that was previously alive.
- Consider renters insurance to protect your personal possessions. Southern Oregon Storage does not insure your personal possessions. We do offer coverage through a 3rd party provider. Ask your location manager for details.
- Never store food items – this results in an unpleasant surprise the next time you visit!