Are you looking for a safe and secure place to store your treasures in the Medford area? Southern Oregon Storage may be just the place for you. Southern Oregon Storage is locally owned and operated. With three locations in Southern Oregon our facilities have easy access, convenient hours and tons of flexibility when it comes to finding the perfect space. Whether you need storage space for your personal home, business, special car or truck, or even your recreational vehicle. Our facilities have easy access and turnarounds for large trucks. We are open weekends and offer long-term lease discounts. We also have our own Southern Oregon Storage moving truck to help you move your items in!
Currently we have a “REFER YOUR FRIEND DISCOUNT” offered at all Southern Oregon Storage locations. Just ask our friendly staff for details!
Sounds pretty terrible doesn’t it? But in our business this has happened. Just when I think I have heard or seen it all.
Here at Southern Oregon Storage, we own three self storage facilities in southern Oregon. If someone doesn’t pay rent on their storage space on the 11th day we will overlock (Lock it down ourselves) the unit and ask them to come to the office for access. Simultaneously we make a phone call and send a letter to the contact we have for the storage unit. A second notice goes out on the 31st day. If we still have not heard from anyone we begin the foreclosure process. We vigorously try to contact the tenant in hopes something can be worked out before an auction takes place.
Unfortunately, not everyone responds and they just let the items in their unit go to foreclosure and then auctioned off. When conducting an auction, we have found some interesting things. Mostly, people leave garbage, empty boxes, maybe a few pieces of furniture. However, we ran across one storage unit where an urn with Grandma’s remains were left in the unit and were auctioned off. Fortunately, in this case, the person who purchased the items returned Grandma.
Can you imagine how grandma would have felt if she had known that you were going to let her get auctioned off! Don’t let that happen. If you have a storage unit and decide that you are not going to pay or can’t pay for it, call the manager to work something out or at least to go get your stuff! Don’t let grandma get auctioned off to someone else, there’s really no reason!
UnitSizeComparison Click on this link to print the diagram from below.
We make the rental process quick and easy. To rent from any of our storage facilities you will need the following:
1. Valid photo identification
2. Ability to sign a legal, binding contract
3. Alternate contact person with contact numbers
4. At a minimum you will want to bring enough money to pay for the first month’s rent, which is pro-rated, based on the effective date of your contract!
5. A secure lock. We sell locks at all of our locations. Some of our facilities do require a specialty lock so please call ahead to verify if you need a specific type of lock to secure your unit.
- If you’re putting any metal objects into storage – like lawnmowers or file cabinets – it’s best to treat them with rust protector first, or at least wipe them down with an oily rag.
- The humidity in your self-storage unit can cause your furniture to warp and your appliances to mildew. Leaving a space between your stuff and the unit’s wall allows for air to circulate within the unit. Laying plastic sheeting on the floor and stacking boxes on top of wooden pallets can prevent condensation damage. So can using old linens or other fabrics, instead of plastic, to protect your stuff from dust.
- Do not plug anything in or leave the light on.
- Under no circumstances should you keep anything flammable or combustible in your storage unit. This means no gasoline, oil, cleaning fluids or paint thinner. If you’re storing any machinery that runs on gas, drain the tank before you store it.
*Not all Southern Oregon Storage facilities have ALL features.
- Think about location. Are you going to need to access your storage building frequently? If so, aim for someplace nearby. We have three convenient locations throughout Medford.
- Consider how much space you really need. Southern Oregon Storage facilities have units in all different sizes. It’s best to opt for a larger storage unit so that you don’t get ½ of your stuff moved in and realize you actually need more space. It’s also nice to have some room to get in and move around you when you need to find something.
- Be sure to ask one of our friendly facility representatives how and when you can access your unit.
- Security is key. All of our storage facilities have security systems in place. Our state-of-the-art cameras, electronic security gates, and on-site staff are all in place to help keep your stuff safe!*
- What are you storing? We have storage options to meet most any need! Vehicle storage? We’ve got it! Temporary storage for seasonal items? We’ve got that too! Business equipment and records? Bring it on in!
Yes, there is a TOP 10 List for storing your treasures. It may seem simple but a quick review will certainly help in making your storage decisions.
- Rent a unit that is large enough that you can sort and organize your stored items with ease. This makes it much easier when you are looking for a specific item.
- Store items that you may need to access on a regular basis towards the front.
- Store loose items in boxes or clear tubs for convenience and protection.
- Clearly label all boxes and tubs. Although initially this seems like more work, our customers have told us that this is the ONLY way to find important things when you come back later.
- Cover furniture and appliance with tarp or old sheets.
- Don’t stack items too high.
- Never place items too close to the door for your safety.
- Do not store anything combustible, alive or that was previously alive.
- Consider renters insurance to protect your personal possessions. Southern Oregon Storage does not insure your personal possessions.
- Never store food items – this always results in an unpleasant surprise the next time you visit!
Is it hard to figure out what size storage unit you might need? Here is a chart of all the units you have to choose from at our facilities. The goal is to choose a storage unit that fits your treasures but gives you a bit of space to move around if you need to organize or sort. Our customer service representatives are great with helping you make this decision as well. We’re here to help!